I had the amazing blessing of interviewing Wayne Cordeiro who is pastor of the New Hope Christian Fellowship Church in Honolulu, Hawaii. He wrote a book a couple of years back called, Leading on Empty where he talked about his journey through burnout and what ministers can do to keep from burning out. We talk about depression, burnout and what we can do to make sure we are leading our church with a full tank. I know you will be blessed.
This is my 40th interview and because I believe in empowering youth ministers with cool resources I want to give away some amazing books for you to read. All you have to do is comment below and talk about your experience with burnout and what you did to overcome it. I will select a random person on December 30th and will mail you these resources:
- The Millenials by Thom and Jess Rainer
- Theological Turn in Youth Ministry by Kenda Creasy Dean and Andrew Root
- Sticky Faith (Youth Worker Edition) by Kara Powell and Brad Griffin
- Leading on Empty by Wayne Cordeiro
- Ministry by Teenagers by Jonathan McKee and David Smith
- One.Life by Scot McKnight
- Life in Student Ministry by Tim Schmoyer
Why am I doing this? I believe in these men and women who wrote these materials and I also believe in helping other youth ministers succeed. So please watch the interview and comment below, spread the word and you may win some amazing resources.